Abraham, Rachel, Soren and Liam. Our life together in Smalltown, Idaho.

Friday, February 19, 2010

The grown-ups.

My life, in a nutshell, goes something like this: Monday through Friday I wake up, take care of the boys, and go to work. I work really hard for eight hours. Then I come home, eat dinner (prepared by Hillary, peace be upon her forever and ever), put the kids to bed, do a little shuffle-cleaning, exercise a little, read a little, giggle with Abe a little, and then crash. I usually wake up twice a night to feed Liam. Then lather, rinse, and repeat. Saturdays involve laundry, errands, a date with Abe, and (if I'm really lucky) mopping and vacuuming. Sundays are swallowed up by church, a blessed nap, and family dinner. Then back to Monday. I'm tired, but generally happy. I love my kids, I love my husband, I love my job. I just wish I could spend more time with all of them. And also, with me.

Abe is keeping busy with the kids and continuing with his master's degree. He's taking web design, library management, and somethingorother else. Nine masters credits is a lot, my friends, believe me. But he copes with it well. Were our roles reversed, I think I would be shredding paper in a corner of the Behavioral Health Center by now, but Abe is good at school. His free time is spent reading technology blogs, the news, and thrillers. He also likes to play computer games.

2 comments:

Natalya said...

"Lather, rinse, repeat" is great. I think you should get 15 minutes twice a week sanctioned by your boss to post at work. Though that's not a lot of time.

Karen said...

I don't know how you guys do it. I thought it was tough when Seth was going to school and I had to pick up all the household duties. And that's without kids! No wonder you're tired! I get tired just thinking about it! You guys are awesome parents. Those are some lucky kiddos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...