Abraham, Rachel, Soren and Liam. Our life together in Smalltown, Idaho.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Tag, I'm it!

Ginger "tagged" me, which means that I shall now be imparting trivial information about myself, then asking other fellow bloggers to do the same.

What was I doing ten years ago?
Babysitting my two Japanese cousins from across the street for ridiculously long hours (sometimes 12 + a day) for little pay (about $150/month). Running three miles a day.

What was I doing one year ago?
Just beginning my job as the office manager at the Family Violence and Sexual Assault Intervention Center, being trained by an extremely impatient Christian fundamentalist who liked animals more than I deem natural.

Five snacks I enjoy:
-Granola bars.
-Cold cereal.
-String cheese.
-Rice cakes.
-Cheesecake.

Five songs I know all the words to:
-"If Everyone Cared" by Nickleback (Yes, I am ashamed of this.)
-"I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan.
-"I Am a Child of God"
-"I Am Overcome," by Live.
-"Cowboy, Take Me Away," by the Dixie Chicks.

Five things I would do if I were a millionaire?
-Buy a house.
-Hire a nighttime nanny.
-Spend a summer in Europe.
-Invest.
-Give a $20.00 bill to every bum that asked for some spare change.

Five of my Many bad habits:
-Counting compulsively. I don't count anything, per se, I just count. Up. Sometimes by weird things like 9s, or 13s, or 18s. Other times by 1s. Usually in in the thousands. But I'm almost always counting.
-Mild cussing. Yes, everybody, I cuss. I cuss! There are certainly worse things I could do, so BACK OFF. I don't want to hear it.
-Thinking that I know what other people are thinking.
-Hitting the snooze button.
-Second guessing myself.

Five things I like doing:
-Walking.
-Reading: blogs, books, e-mail, shampoo bottles, parenting magazines...
-Being drooled on by my very handsome baby.
-Snuggling my schmooshalie.
-Organizing things.

Five things I will never wear again:
-A short-sleeved t-shirt with sleeves so long they cover my elbows.
-Shoes that aren't extremely comfortable for walking.
-Shorts that stop above the knee. Sigh.
-My wedding gown.
-Anything "Hypercolor."

Five of my Favorite toys:
-Excel (I'm with you on this one, Ginger.)
-The library.
-My piano.
-My bicycle.
-My stuffed Ernie doll (no, wait, that's Soren.)

I now tag everybody reading this! Bwah hah hah hah!

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Rachel, if only I had known your house would have been a haven for my foul mouth when you were at Wymount! I'd give it up, but I'm just so attached to it! :) And I can see you like Zoolander. Another thing I wish I'd known. Oh well, that's what blogs are for, right? I'm so glad Ginger brought us back together. It's lovely to "see" you again. Congratulations on your beeeeautiful baby. I love his name! And yes, we're in Seattle just for the summer. Two more semesters and then who knows? Or was I supposed to respond to that question on my blog? I don't know. I'm new to this gig.

karla said...

You're such a fun writer, Rachel! And Soren is so dang cute!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, sister-of-darling-pure-mouthed-Collette: I think cussing (same as swearing? well, the excited uttering of dirty words, in any case) is a MARVELOUS habit. (From Heidi Juniper-from-Boise)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...