Abraham, Rachel, Soren and Liam. Our life together in Smalltown, Idaho.

Friday, February 15, 2008

The Pass-It-On Gift Exchange Fruits!

Please read the word "fruit" above with two syllables, as in the "froo-its of the devil." Also, say it quickly, so that the syllables are distinct, yet slurred. And then pretend that it's a verb.

Anyway, I came home from the other night, checked my mail, and was delighted to discover this sitting in my mailbox:

(Please notice the flowers running down the left-hand side of the package. I myself think I have performed an accomplishment that merits distinction if I perform the following steps: Acquire an item. Place it in a package suitable for the US Mail. Address it. Take it to the post office. Others, whom I will try very very hard not to hate, actually take the time to make their packages look attractive.)

Some of you may remember the post I made a while back about the Pay It Forward Craft Gift Exchange. I signed up purely out of avarice. I'd been salivating over my friend Karla's beautiful handmade crafts for several months at that point and was excited for the opportunity to grasp some in the palm of my sweaty little hand and call them my own.

I was not disappointed.

(If, due to my not-so-mad photography skillz, you can't tell what these items are, I will tell you: they are a cloth-bound diary, a hand-beaded necklace, and matching dangle earrings.)

Soren likes these items very much as well. He's particularly enamored with my earrings, which I have now designated as an accessory to be worn only at work, due to excessive fear that the holes in my ears may become tears through my ears if I wear them anywhere near my child.

This means, however, that I no longer have any excuses for not getting to work on the crafts that Holly, Loriann, and Brecken have signed up to receive. To the yarn store!

2 comments:

karla said...

I love the way a little pair of earrings makes me feel sophisticated and beautiful; it sounds like you do, too. :) I thought a journal was fitting because you are such a talented writer - now you have a little notepad to carry around everywhere to jot down your thoughts. I'm so happy you like them!

Rachel said...

Thank you very much, Karla. They are fabulous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...