Abraham, Rachel, Soren and Liam. Our life together in Smalltown, Idaho.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Menan Butte Hike

Apparently the Menan Butte (which is miles away from Rexburg) is also referred to as "R Mountain." (I suspect this is BYU-I's sad attempt to be like the real BYU, which has an actual mountain next to it with a letter representing the school. I'm assuming the "R" would be for "Ricks" or "Rexburg.")

 Anyway, we took the boys on the complete hike up the mountain, around its rim, and back down. It was a pleasant enough hike, and geologically fascinating, though sadly punctuated with much whining from the little people.


My "thinker." 
(Sadly, fully clothed.) 



Liam preferred to be carried the last several yards, but Soren and I raced to the end.  
He won, of course. 


2 comments:

Tianna said...

Menan Butte used to have an R on it. They let it fade when Ricks changed to BYU-I, which makes me believe it stood for Ricks. People still call it R Mountain because some of us just can't let go of the past.

Abe said...

I can do a Rodin pose for you without so many inartful vestments if you want.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...