Abraham, Rachel, Soren and Liam. Our life together in Smalltown, Idaho.

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Liam Update: October 2012

Sweet William,

You were in the bathtub one morning when I heard singing. "Wah nah noo, wah wah noo, myyy muh muh nah sweeper," you sang.  This is your version of "La La Lu," a song you refer to as "Oohs."  Peeking in to see what you were up to, I saw you cradling a miniature teddy bear in a washcloth.  You tucked him into the measuring cup we keep in the bathtub.  "Shhhh," you said, looking up at me and smiling with sparkling eyes.  "Sweeping!"

Not all of your play is quite so gentle, though.  Most of your play centers around two things fighting with each other: toy cars, blocks, even your gummy vitamins.  When one fighter triumphs, the other one will fall to the floor. "He dead!" you'll announce cheerfully.

Here are a few other things I want to remember about what you were like at three and a half:

You can be a drama queen at times, crying loud and long when Soren looks at you wrong, or snaps at you, or touches you when you're not in the mood.  On the other hand, you can be good at peacemaking, saying "Ah sorry," when things are getting tense with Soren, even when you don't have anything to be sorry about.  This can calm your brother down a bit, and sometimes he'll say " I'm sorry" too, and you'll hug each other and move on.

"Hazicious!" (means "delicious").

Grandma and Grandpa are known to you, interchangeably, as "Beepah."

One of the most adorable things you do is pout.  If you're ever in the least bit disappointed about anything, you'll get a really sad look on your face, hang your head, and walk slowly and sadly to your bedroom.  You can almost hear the sad violin music playing.

Speaking of music, you're a big fan.  You love to raid my bedroom and find CDs, which you'll put into the computer and play all by yourself, singing along even if you don't know the words.

We were playing near the Idaho Falls High School football stadium one afternoon with Grandpa Hanson, and he was seriously impressed with the dance moves you were rocking to the pop music being played in the stands.

Sometimes when you're annoyed with something you'll let out a great big sigh, followed by a tongue click.   Totally something you picked up from your mama.  It makes me laugh.

Another thing that makes me laugh is when you reluctantly agree to something.  It's another big sigh and then an "Ooooooooooohhhhhhhkaaaaaaayyyyyy."

And when you leave a room, you always make sure to say, "I'll BEEE back."

When you want someone to come with you, you'll take their hand and say "us way."

When Soren gets hurt, you always ask with loud concern, "ARE YOU OKAY?  ARE YOU OKAY?  ARE YOU OKAY?"

You are very polite and almost always remember to say "please" and "thank you."  You also say "bless you" when people sneeze.

Sometimes out of the blue, without anyone saying "I love you," you'll bust out with "I love yoooo too."

Liam, you are a joy and a delight.  You are pure sweetness and sunshine and I'm so happy you're my littlest little boy.

Loves and Kisses and Hugs and Squeezes,

Mommy


All dressed up for Soren's first day of school.

Playing at Auntie Clee's house.

Remember, kids, it's important to always wear safety glasses while playing with a sling shot.


Wet and wild with your cousin Tessa.



Who says boxers can't be stylish?

1 comment:

heidi said...

I watched that unbelievable slide show four times.

I really, really, really REALLY want three things. (Only THREE! C'mon!)

1) For Liam to want me to come somewhere, and take my hand and say "us way." I want this one to happen.

2) I want Liam to loudly ask me ARE YOU OKAY. I want him to ask several times. I want this two.

3) I want Liam to box me, wearing that hat and those safety goggles! I want this, three! PLEASE!

RACHEL I WANT THIS SO MUCH! Make it happen! You're the mom--you're special and magical--do it! peez?

p.s. I was excited for this post, but--even though I know YOU'RE impartial, I don't have to be, and I was thinking--Soren's my... not favorite, but I relate to his emotionality so much, and, he's so dang INTERESTING... And I began this one, thinking, well obviously there's not going to be anything as awesome in this post as in the last... This kid is only three years old, and he likely isn't having the transformative life experiences his brother is... I'm sure I'll enjoy this, but I probably won't even comment, except to be polite! Ha. You got me... You win. I forfeit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...