Abraham, Rachel, Soren and Liam. Our life together in Smalltown, Idaho.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My new(ish) Dress

Abe's sister Lara is an artist for all seasons. She draws. She sculpts. She carves. She knits. She sews. She crafts. She'll see something in a magazine and say, "I could make that." And she does. This is a woman sewed her own wedding dress. Without a pattern. And without a sewing machine. Did you hear me? She sewed her own wedding dress without even using a sewing machine, people! The woman is some sort of artistic sewing savant! So when Lara announced that she had decided to make me a dress for my birthday, I was ecstatic. She asked for my measurements and I emailed her some links to pictures of dresses I liked. And a few months later, this is what I got:

As you might know, my birthday is in March, which means that it took me and Abe a little while to get some pictures taken and a few more weeks for me to post them here. But here they are. Pretty amazing, eh?

5 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! That dress looks so beautiful on you! Who knew you were so ravishing in red?! Seriously, so pretty!

Lara Zierke said...

That color is HEAVEN on you. And without a pattern? Disgusting. (And by "disgusting" I mean really, really cool.)

Natalya said...

You look great, Rach. Also, the dress does too. I'm proud of my sister.

Anonymous said...

You forgot the glovey thingys and the white belt something. This is Abe, btw, not some creeper who keeps track of Rachel's clothes from afar.

Kristy Skoy said...

Wow! That's beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...