Abraham, Rachel, Soren and Liam. Our life together in Smalltown, Idaho.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Communication Breakdown

Soren is an interesting child to parent. Some days, I just put my head between my knees and cry. He is the most intense little human being you will ever meet. In the spirit of the genius behind Hyperbole and a Half, I have put together a little cartoon to represent an interaction I have with Soren on a fairly regular basis.


This is what I'll say:
But this must be what he hears me say:




Because this is how he reacts:




And I, perplexed by his reaction, respond like this:




But this is what he hears:

And it begins again.
This is why I am always tired.

6 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

Pure awesomeness.

Lara Zierke said...

(The post...not the drama.)

blake said...

Hilarious. This is blogging gold.

I particularly enjoy your rendering of the galaxy.

Holly said...

Aw, motherhood. The most effective birth control.

Leslie said...

That was hilarious. I heard my own voice directed to my similarly dramatic four-year-old: "It's like five toys. Pick them up." Love it.

Kristy Skoy said...

Hahaha!!!!! That is so cool! I think that is what happens at my house between one certain daughter and I!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...