This, like all blog memes, has its ruls, which are, as copy-and-pasted from Karen's blog:
2. Include a link to the person who gave you the award.3. Nominate 6 or more blogs.
4. Leave a message on their blog letting them know they have an award on your blog.
Now this provides me with an opportunity to discourse briefly about what I think makes a good blog. My requirements are as follows: (1) I have to feel some sort of genuine love or affinity for the blog writer or be extremely interested in their writing (2) The blog can be neither too positive nor too negative. (3) The blog has to include something more than pictures of your kids. (4) The English language must not be brutalized into an unrecognizable state by cruel misuse and idiocy. (5) The blogging individual has to post at least once a month. I am picky about my blogs because I would otherwise spend my entire lifetime reading about everyone's children's cute antics, and I am only really interested in my own children's cute antics, and also Holly's and Ginger's, but their blogs are private, so I will not nominate them here. So these are my favorite blogs, excluding those that are all secrety and password-requiring:
(1) Simply Mother. Kate is one of those really cool people who knows who she is and what she's doing and why-- but she's totally not annoying about it. That takes some skills, my friends.
(2) Dooce. So inappropriate. And yet, I love her.
(3) Nckwhlr (ie, Nick aka Uncle Sue). I love Nick and I love his blog. You should read it.
(4) You Probably Don't Care, but You Should This is my pseudo-cousin Mark's blog. He is totally wacky and hilarious.
(5) My Random Life Story. This is Karen's blog, which I'm linking you to again, in case you didn't get my first message about going to it and leaving comments.
For a few moments I worried about my nominations and wondered if I should just nominate EVERYONE whose blog I have ever read ever, for fear of offending someone, and then I decided that it's probably good for me to offend someone now and again as a reminder to myself that I don't have to be loved by everyone all the time. So go ahead, People Whose Blogs I Did Not Nominate, hate me. See if I care.
Also, I am breaking the following rules: Number 3, because I take my blog nominations very seriously. And number 2, because I am also not going to post comments on anyone's blogs about how I nominated them, because everyone listed here also reads MY blog and will therefore know that they have been nomated. Everyone, that is, except for Dooce, who gets thousands of comments on every post and has won real blog awards and doesn't give a damn that I like her blog.