Abraham, Rachel, Soren and Liam. Our life together in Smalltown, Idaho.

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Happies

Talking to my mom on the phone on the way to Rexburg.

The look on my co-worker Max's face as he rhapsodized about the virtues of Mission Impossible III.

Picking up the boys from Collette's house: Soren had built an enormous fort out of blankets, pillows, stools, and sleeping pads. He had also constructed a multi-roomed cabin out of Lincoln Logs.

Abe got to spend some time with his friend, Jerry, tonight.

For dinner tonight I laid out ingredients for burritos on the table. We blessed the food and then I hopped up to cut up some pineapple to go with it. The boys had been eating for a few minutes when Soren looked up and said, with the sweetest look on his face, "Mommy, when are you going to come eat? You cooked us all this beautiful food and you haven't even been able to enjoy it!"

Collette stopped by briefly this evening. As she stood on the stairway near the half-wall at the top, the boys jumped up and down on the couch and talked to her animatedly. When she left, Liam turned to me, face aglow, and said, "I just wuv dat man!"

The chilluns played happily together for most of the evening.

They made a potion out of Ajax, Scentsy wax, toothpaste, and water, in a wine glass. Soren spent some serious time enthusiastically describing to me how the potion would turn you into a bloody skeleton with a brain and shiny, slippery guts.

Story time. Curious George, OliviaQuick as a Cricket, two bananas, and three chapters of Wonder.

The boys both tried to climb into my bed at bedtime, so I pretended to be a monster to fight them off. Soren laughed and laughed. "I love you so much, Mommy!"

The house is moderately clean tonight! I even washed the dishes. Because I'm hard core like that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...